[Scribus] XML format used in Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun May 15 04:34:06 CEST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 13:41 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>

>>Here is a practical scenario:  I have 1.3x, my friend has 1.2.2 (or
>>lower).
>>

>The alternative to "just use 1.2.x" as cbradney said, is upgrade. There
>are plenty of folks willing to help out if he has trouble with the new
>version.

This was only a hypothetical situation...actually I hardly know anyone
who doesn't just give me a blank stare when I tell them I use Linux (I'd
put a smiley in here, but it's the truth!), let alone have any idea what
Scribus is.

But this is an important thing you bring up.  At some point of 1.3.x
development, the message is presumably going to be, "upgrade to 1.3 and
don't look back. (at other versions)"  Old files will be readable.

TPFKAG