[Scribus] XML format used in Scribus

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat May 14 19:18:14 CEST 2005

On Saturday 14 May 2005 18:43, Marvin Dickens wrote:
> Question:
>
> Is the XML format used in version 1.3 stable or will it change/evolve more
> before version 1.4 is released? Also, what is the possibility it will
> change/evolve again as development versions 1.5/1.6 progresses?

Its not at all stable in 1.3, right now its just the addition of extra fields
to the 1.2 format. It will be totally different when 1.4.0 is released.

Yes, the 1.5/1.6 format could be again different, but the format from 1.4.0
should just be extended then, not redone.

> The reason I am asking is that we want the ability to massage Scribus
> Documents in their native XML format and I do not want to reinvent the
> wheel with every new release.

For now, you must roll with the punches as it can even change day to day.

Craig