[Scribus] A0 poster

Owen rcook
Wed May 11 12:27:38 CEST 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:50:10 +0200
Nagy Istvan <inagy at abc.hu> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I found Scribus just for a few days.
> I tried it under Debian Linux and like it very much. However, I am a newby in DTP and a lot of things
> are unclear yet.
>
> Now I would like to make a conference poster in A0 size (two or three columns text, postscript figures and pictures inserted.
> I would be very much indebted if somebody could provide me a Scribus template file for this.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Istvan

I think you must do this yourself. No one knows what you want.

File->New->Select  A0

Use the 'Text Frame' button do draw your text frames and position, and size approximately with your mouse

Right click on frame, Properties for exact positioning

Use the 'Picture Frame' to place pictures and properties for exact positioning.

Practice this many times and you will see how easy it is

Also look at the Tutorials by following the links at

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Main_Page    --->Scribus Links

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Links  --->Various language tutorials including

http://www.niyam.com/gnulinux/gnulinux.php  which is a very good good one to learn from

Owen