[Scribus] quality images for press (digital camera? cheap/freeonline stock s? scan?)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu May 5 01:57:31 CEST 2005

I can only talk of myself, but I still prefer 'real' photos made with a
good camera and good films. But of course you need an excellent scanner
for premium results.

In addition to what Craig, Rainer and Neil wrote, I want to direct your
attention to the Leica R9 SLR for which a digital back is available now
(presumed you have a fortune to spend for a camera). In my experience
Leica lenses are still the best when it comes to colours and difficult
exposures. If you can't afford a Leica and want to take only digital
photographs look at Panasonic SLRs. Some of them are equipped with
lenses from Leica and are much cheaper than Leicas.

Christoph