[Scribus] Accents in pt_BR (iso8859-1)

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter edson.richter
Mon May 2 20:02:01 CEST 2005

I don't know if this make difference, but I could open "QT Developer"
and create a text field in a dialog, and type accent vowels without
problems.

My install is Fedora Core 3, with all official fixes, running a ABNT2
(pt_BR) keyboard. My window manager is Gnome 2.8, and everything works
fine (except Scribus). I've downloaded sources for Scribus 1.2.1, and
compiled/installed in same machine I'm running now.

I don't have koffice running here, so I can't try Kword (by now - I'll
download and test ASAP). But KAlarm works like a charm, and other KDE
apps work fine too.

And, note that I can type accents on "Edit text" window in Scribus. The
only problem is when the text is going into text frame.
I imagine that you could argue with several points about SO, but I think
the problem is text frame it self, and in Scribus.

I'll appreciate any help you could give me.

If you need any more info (some lib version, anything you find usefull,
please, just ask me, and I'll be pleasant to send it to you).

Richter