[Scribus] No Speeding Zone

wayne iw
Thu Mar 31 04:41:18 CEST 2005

I'm currently working on a 2 page document with 8 text frames (2 pairs of 4
linked frames) total. Whenever I load the text frames, Scribus slows down
drastically, so much so that it becomes almost unuseable. It can take up to
30 seconds from the time I click on a menu till the menu opens. I've tried
different fonts (Bitstream, Corel, etc.) without success. I've also tried
IceWM instead of KDE, same result. I'm using Scribus version 1.2.1. Is there
anything I can do to remedy this situation?

The minute I delete all of the text, Scribus speeds up again:(

Thanks,
Wayne
Mandrake 10.1