Was [Scribus] and Win32 port .....

Eric Steed unicity
Mon Mar 28 22:55:09 CEST 2005

On so many levels Frank was 'Dead-On', 'Right-On-Target'  In that, after
thirty-six years running Redmond Software ( from CP/M through XP Pro )
I simply got tired of re-formating the drives and clean installing the
OS
with all the applications to boot ..... While Frank tells me these were
all
hardware problems, I put most of the blame on Bill Gates & Microsoft ...

I switched to Mac after hearing Steve Jobs introduce Jaguar August 13
2002 [ I missed 'Cheetah' and 'Puma' ]. First I ran out and bought a
well-
used Turquoise & Clear 'Smurph' the PowerMac G3 and converted it to
run ( test ) OS X ... It needed a bigger, better hard-drive and some
more
memory.

            http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/osx/history.html

My experience with the G3 was so dramatic, I ran right out and bought
a New Chromed-Bay-Door PowerMac G4, maxed out. The minute they
announced 'Panther' I ordered an original Dual 2GHz G5, this time I'm
running only 1 GHz of DDR SDRAM ( All three are running a single GHz
of SDRAM ).  The G5 will run 8 GHz

I have never had one single moment of difficulty switching to OS X.
Not even for an instant. In fact- I find it cleaner, clearer, faster and
far more effective than any Windows Machine ( And Unix boxes or
NEXT Workstation's ) I have ever touched .....

And that considering my background in the very birth of digital type. In
fact, my background includes the birth of photo-composition and over
65,000 unique and original fonts .... My standards are high <Grin>.

Thus- " It is Easy ... "

Eric

On Mar 28, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Frank Gaude' wrote:

> Hello, Paul, Henry, and all .....

"... technology, talent, tolerance."

* ? 2005, www.Singul.us, All rights reserved** [ Singulus is a
Not-for-Profit, Religious & Educational Organization Representing
Hindi, Buddhist, Taoist, Judaic, Christian, Muslim, and Indigenous or
Natural Mystic, Wisdom Orders, equally and without bias, prejudice, or
discrimination based on Race, Color, Creed, Nation of Origin, Social or
Economic Strata, Physical Condition, Gender or Age.] - Alexander P.
Hixon, Jr., Founder Emeritus - Consecrated to the Confraternity of the
Message of Hazrat Inayat Khan. <
http://singulus.typepad.com/generation_z >