[Scribus] Page numbering

michael higgins gentoo.lists
Mon Mar 28 18:37:59 CEST 2005

Hello, list;

I've been a happy user of scribus for a while now. Nice to finally dump windoze. I like this better than pagemaker or quark in a lot of ways.

Anyway, I'm stuck at inserting a magic page number in my newsletter.

I'm using v1.2.1 on a gentoo x86 box. On a (perhaps) related topic, why do all the help docos I've found seem to relate to a different version? Am I missing something?

For example, docs say, 'edit... preferences...' but, I have preferences under 'settings'. Nor do I seem to get a list of keyboard shortcuts. Why?

Anwyay, do I have any keyboard shortcuts available? If so, where is the list?

Oh, and can I enter non-keyboard characters directly in the text somehow?

TIA for any replies. '-)

--
|    |ichael |   |iggins    \^ /
michael[dot]higgins[at]snet[dot]net