[Scribus] Help: Scribus crashes with signal #6 on file opening

Andreas Speck @ wherever Andreas.Speck
Sat Mar 26 18:37:33 CET 2005

Hi all,
  I can now confirm that the fix mentioned earlier does solve the problem,
so it's probably the old and famous bug. I applied the fix to my
Scribus1.3cvs at work, and opened the original document, which I was not
able to open earlier due to Scribus crashing with signal #6 (or sometimes
also with a different signal).
  Is this fix just a workaround, or will it be part of cvs in the future, so
that I do not have to remember it the next time I upgrade from cvs... ;)

Anyway - thanks a lot for the help over Easter - it is much nicer to go on
holidays knowing that the things you worked on can actually used by others,
and are not stuck in a file which no-one can access.

The result is visible at http://wri-irg.org/pdf/eritrea-en.pdf

Andreas

--
Andreas Speck
Nonviolence Trainer - Trainer in gewaltfreiem
mailto:andreas.speck at gmx.net
http://people.freenet.de/ask

Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl