[Scribus] Win32 port

Paul paul
Sat Mar 26 13:22:40 CET 2005

Hi Folks,

After lengthy talks with the other developers, I've finally gotten off
my backside and begun again the Win32 port. There are a number of
hurdles to overcome, but I don't think they'll be too massive.

The biggest will be the Qt licence and printing - everything else should
be more or less straight forward.

I've started a blog on the porting effort, so if you're interested in
the development process behind a port of this size, feel free to toddle
along. It contains details of the build environment. It's not cygwin
which means a lot of the clutter in the previous port won't be needed.
Instead, I'm using mingw which is gcc for Win32, so I've not changed the
compiler!

http://scribusdev.blogspot.com

All views expressed there are mine and do not represent any
organisation, group or possibly even the other developers on the
project.

I'm currently building Qt 3.3.4 which will take some time to finish. I'm
not going to bother with the 1.2 branch either, straight to the 1.3
branch. Of course, all source changes will be added into the code base.

If you're a Win32 user, can you get in touch with me directly. I'll need
about 5 people to test the port. No idea when the build will be complete
though.

TTFN

Paul
13th level mage in the black arts of porting and code optimisation
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the