[Scribus] Re: how to edit templates

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Mar 23 18:24:46 CET 2005

Steve Veltkamp a ?crit :

> I must be missing something. I have a page I'm working on, and have
> created a block of text that I want to make a true template so I can
> apply it to other documents.

Hi Steve,

> I click Edit-Templates - a dialog box appears over a blank page. I click
> New, make a name, and it adds it to the selection list. Nothing appears
> on the blank page sheet beneath,
Until you place object on that page...

> and can't edit that page when dialog box is open.
This shouldn't happen.

What Craig has said is the blank page *is* the template. As additional
info, you can add any element you want to that blank page. If you're not
able to edit this page, then there is something wrong with Scribus. The
only thing you have to be aware of is that none of these elements will
be editable in the document (you will have to go back in the Template
menu to do so). Once you're done, click "Close". Then, you have to Apply
the template to a page or a group of pages through the Page>Apply
Templates menu. Select the template of your choice and to what page(s)
you want it applied and click OK. You're done.

I click close in the dialog box, and both the dialog box
> and blank page disappear and I'm back to my original page I was working on.
Yes, as I said above, that's normal behaviour.

HTH

Louis

--
Louis Desjardins