[Scribus] Crash due to out of memory ...

Andreas Speck @ wherever Andreas.Speck
Wed Mar 23 17:17:44 CET 2005

Hi,
  still problems with my files. I get the following error message, but
somtimes also other ones:

Crash signal #11

(then I look into the console from where I started Scribus 1.3cvs:

In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1283: Out of memory
Calling Emergency Save)

I have 512MB RAM, run Slackware 10, KDE 3.4 (packages from
Linuxpackages.net), and QT-3.3.3 (Slackware package). I checked out of CVS
this afternoon again, and did build Scribus on the machine I'm using now (I
used a Slack-package built via autopkg on my computer at home before).

Still, it can't open my file any more. The file is a 28 pages A4 booklet,
with a few images, mostly black/white, but some with colours. And otherwise
text. It all worked fine as long as I didn't close the document... :(

Andreas

--
Andreas Speck
Nonviolence Trainer & Activist
tel 07973-683936, email andreas.speck at gmx.co.uk

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl