[Scribus] Success: compile Mac/Aqua from CVS without patches

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Mar 23 09:11:36 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 05:03, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> PLinnell wrote:
> >Note:
> >1) 1.3.0cvs is *not* for production use. There is major surgery going
> >on underneath. ;)
>
> One of the biggest practical problems with using 1.3.0cvs is that it's a
> bit of a dead end -- you can load v1.2 files but only save them in the
> new v1.3 format, but then you can't load those with Scribus v1.2, so if
> v1.3 leaves you stuck somewhere, you've wasted all that work!

If we had said we think you should use it for production work, then these
practical problems would exist, but we didnt. We will not be making an option
to save back into 1.2 format.. where would all your cross page items, pdf
1.5/1.6 support options, etc etc etc go in the 1.2 format?

Craig