[Scribus] installing scribuss 1.2

PLinnell mrdocs
Mon Mar 21 00:49:32 CET 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 00:27, Cristian Balan wrote:
> Peter Linnell wrote:

> >>Why don't you use the DVD/CDs with the original Mdk-10.1 and
> >> install Qt from System->Configuration->Packageing->install
> >> software
> >>
> >>It will automatically find the dependencies for you
> >>
> >>You could try the --force or --nodeps options with rpm?
> >>

> >>Owen
> >
> > --nodeps or --force should really only be done in cases where
> > there is a dependency exists, but is not recognized by the RPM
> > database.
> >
> > 1.2.1 is available via urpmi here:http://edulinux.org/scribus/
> > with instructions.  I worked with Francis to make sure these were
> > rpms that would work properly.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Peter
>
> I did install it like this but when I try start the program I get
>
> scribus: Symbol `_ZTI8QSpinBox' has different size in shared
> object, consider re-linking
> scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QPixmap' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking
> scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QWidget' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking
> Segmentation fault

This is because Scribus is trying to link to a different version of Qt
than the rpm was compiled with. At this point, I would reinstall the
original Qt3 packages as delivered with Mdk 10.1

> When I try to install from tar.gz ./configure end with this
> message:
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
>
> The actual version of Qt on my PC is installed from the Mandrake's
> CDs so i tried to install a new one... see the result on top...
>
> Cristi

Do you have qt3-devel installed ?

libqt3-devel-3.3.3-26mdk.i586.rpm from 10.1 should be able to support
Scribus 1.2+ all the way to tonight's CVS.

The exact requirements are here:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=install&page=install2

Cheers,

Peter