[Scribus] installing scribuss 1.2

Cristian Balan cristian.balan
Mon Mar 21 00:27:06 CET 2005

Peter Linnell wrote:
> On Saturday 19 March 2005 18:10, Owen Cook wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Cristian Balan wrote:
>>
>>>I'm trying to install scribus 1.2. on Mandrake 10.1 kernel 2.6 (I think)
>>>When I try to install qt3.3 from rpm I get the next message:
>>>[root at localhost Qt]# rpm -Uvh qt-3.3.3-8.i386.rpm
>>>warning: qt-3.3.3-8.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
>>>error: Failed dependencies:
>>>         /etc/ld.so.conf.d is needed by qt-3.3.3-8
>>>
>>>I'm not sure what ld.so.conf.d is. I created an empty directory named
>>>ld.so.conf.d but I get the same error.
>>>
>>>What should I do?
>>
>>Why don't you use the DVD/CDs with the original Mdk-10.1 and install Qt
>>from System->Configuration->Packageing->install software
>>
>>It will automatically find the dependencies for you
>>
>>You could try the --force or --nodeps options with rpm?
>>

>>Owen
>

> --nodeps or --force should really only be done in cases where there is a
> dependency exists, but is not recognized by the RPM database.
>
> 1.2.1 is available via urpmi here:http://edulinux.org/scribus/ with
> instructions.  I worked with Francis to make sure these were rpms that would
> work properly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

I did install it like this but when I try start the program I get this message:

scribus: Symbol `_ZTI8QSpinBox' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QPixmap' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QWidget' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
Segmentation fault

When I try to install from tar.gz ./configure end with this message:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not found.
Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

The actual version of Qt on my PC is installed from the Mandrake's CDs so i
tried to install a new one... see the result on top...

Cristi