[Scribus] Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 is out ...

Greg Hill bettyandgreg
Tue Mar 15 13:55:22 CET 2005

Just did a test on Reader 7.0 with two types of color export. The first was
exported to pdf using the "for print" option and then the identical file
exported "for screen or web" view. I used Scribus with lcms enabled CMYK
profile.
Indeed the colors are accurate for both. The difference being that if you save
the file for web viewe you are saving it as rgb and the colors are vibrant.
Saving for print renders the colors more like CMYK, the industry standard for
printing, and the colors do appear somewhat pale. This is normal for CMYK
output,  but a commercial printer would have no difficulty making the final
adjustment in his printing plant for optimum printing.
The results are consistant with the Mac version of Acrobat I use at work at
the newspaper.

--
Greg Hill
"The Impossible Just Takes a Bit Longer"