[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Mar 14 06:43:15 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 22:19 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:

> >It worked fine here; I posted a while ago about what went on and how I
> >got it working.
> >
> >I had no crash problems ... I maybe a library conflict or g++ ABI
> >conflict or something on your system?
> >
> I misunderstood--I thought you were talking about getting Qt to compile
> without problems (that was an issue for me for a while) because of the
> mkheaders discussion.

Yep, I then posted later to say I had Scribus going fine. That message
had message-ID <1110306362.534.30.camel at bucket.localnet> if you need to
look it up.

> Hmm. I hope it isn't a SPARC-x86 issue. I'll have to look closer into my
> library setup. Maybe I'll install the newest Express, rebuild from
> scratch, and see if I can isolate where it goes wrong.

I'm working on Solaris 10/x86 . I assumed you were too, but perhaps that
was incorrect.

As I noted in the message I posted earlier, I did _not_ use the updated
gcc from sunfreeware.com as I had issues with it missing critical
headers (and mkheaders didn't appear to fix that). It works fine with
the builtin compiler once you fix those two conflicts between variable
names and C preprocessor defines that I mentioned.

--
Craig Ringer