[Scribus] Scribus on VNU.NET

Steven Boothe steven
Mon Mar 14 05:52:51 CET 2005

PLinnell wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2005 20:15, Louis Desjardins wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody!
>>
>>The Frenchspeaking readers on this list will appreciate the
>>following link. It brings you to the Dossier published in Feb. 05
>>in SVM Mac. There are no screenshots. However, there are many links
>>and a Fink how-to.
>>
>>http://svmmac.vnunet.fr/dossiers/logiciels/utilitaires/20050309001
>>
>>Happy reading!
>>
>>Bonne lecture!
>>
>>Louis
>>

> For those who are not French speakers or have not read the articles,
> the text version was very in depth group of articles about not just
> Scribus, but Inkscape and GIMP.
>
> For a major Mac publication to give it such broad coverage is in
> itself very significant.. To me, it says to their readers who might
> not truly understand OSS benefits, 'these are worthy applications'.
>
> What I found most pleasing was they highlighted the applications
> strengths: Inkscape's attention to UI detail and ease of use, along
> with prominently Scribus PDF export.
>
> Worth a look, if you can get it.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Hey thanks Peter! I was curious enough to even plug the URL into the google
translator and found what came out to be quite legible. So much so that I went
ahead and put the URL through tinyurl.com so that I could pott it here for
anyone else that may be interested enough to give googles translation a look:

http://tinyurl.com/63a7y

Cheers!