[Scribus] Deep Freeze

wayne iw
Fri Mar 11 01:47:21 CET 2005

I just opened a file that I did in a previous version of Scribus last October.
It must have been the version before 1.2. Anyway, back in October, I didn't
have any major speed problems but when I opened that file in 1.2.1,
everything is in slow motion. It now takes about 17 seconds before all of the
top menu appears. It takes about 9 seconds from when the mouse is clicked
till the text box selection outline is displayed. The mouse is still zippy as
ever but reaction to mouse clicks takes forever.

This file is about 2 MB in size and full of graphics and text. Not all old
files behave this way. Some larger files are OK. Small ones work fine too.
Why would this one file (and a couple others) behave so slowly now as opposed
to then? I'm using the same computer. The only differences that I can tell
are the Scribus version and Mandrake (10.0 to 10.1) version. Is there some
configuration in Scribus that is causing this to happen?

Thanks,
Wayne
Mdk 10.1