[Scribus] [Patch] MacOSX native

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Mon Mar 14 00:26:46 CET 2005

Martin Costabel wrote:

> Craig Bradney wrote:
>
>>> Concerning the Scribus application, here is first the good news: It
>>> seems that with this version of 1.3cvs, the colors are displayed
>>> correctly! There is also no problem with finding fonts. If one lists
>>> the
>>> fonts directories in ~/.scribus/scribusfont13.rc, at least the
>>> postscript fonts that can be used in X11 are seen also.
>>

>> Assuming fontconfig works on OSX this should cover you there, esp
>> since we will remove the X font finding soon enough.
>

> Freetype has some obscure configure flag, too, that is supposed to
> help with ancient Mac fonts, but I have no experience with this. Right
> now, scribus-aqua sees the Mac resource fork fonts after they are
> transformed into ttf using fondu. Fink has the applesystemfonts
> package that does this transformation for all available fonts. It is
> made for use with X11, but the resulting font directory can be used by
> scribus-aqua without X11.

It should be noted that the guys working the OO.o Mac port
(www.NeoOffice.org) have fondu running through the /Library/Fonts ,
/System/Library/Fonts and ~/Library/Fonts directories during install. It
may be desirable to speak with them with regards the fonts issues since
it seems they have already tamed the beast to a state useable - at least
- for their purposes.

--
__
Faster than a speeding slug!