[Scribus] Scribus quits

Steven Boothe steven
Sun Mar 13 18:52:09 CET 2005

Greg Hill wrote:
> Hello again Sergio,
>
> Thanks for your previous help, but it looks like I'm back to using
> version 1.0.1. Seems now to be the only one I can get to run
> flawlessly on Mandrake 10.0. (It comes on the CDs)... There are
> several newer packages that are designed for Mandrake 10.0, but I
> can't seem to get them to run properly. Tried urpmi but it doesn't
> seem to rectify ALL the dependencies. Maybe this is better suited to
> version Mandrake 10.1... Do other distros have similar problems?
> (Like SUSE perhaps). Any and all suggestions from anyone on the list
> with more experience than me  are appreciated.

Hi Greg:

As the ol' saying goes "I feel your pain". You might try upgrading to
Mandrake 10.1 and starting over from there. As for SuSE, well a quick
search in the archives would have revealed a recent discussion
pertaining to the which Linux OS was best for running Scribus and SuSE
did get mentioned as being more "Scribus friendly".

Personally, I gave up on the rpm based distro's long ago due to the
frequency of experiences like yours I would encounter - especially when
attempting to compile stuff from source packages.

HTH,

Steven