[Scribus] Any means of importing PDF's into Scribus? ie via Ghostscript ?

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Mar 13 00:04:33 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 19:23, Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> Further to my question re importing stuff from Coreldraw9, I still
> can't import any real text as text from EPS files created in
> Coreldraw.
>
> However, what about this ... Coreldraw creates PDF's reasonably
> well, and gives me a lot of control over doing so, ie keep text as
> text rather than curves, etc
>
> Can I somehow create a PDF, then use ghostscript or something to
> import the PDF to then import into Scribus ?
>
> I'm sure there must be a way of doing this ...

Based on my experience, even working between different versions of
Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator and migrating files between the two:

If at all, I avoid any text in vector drawing applications. Importing
fonts, especially across platforms can be painful. All text should be
converted to outline before export as PDF or EPS.

If you are trying to import EPS as vectors it is essential to have
updated Ghostscript see:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=dtptoolbox&page=toolbox7

Please feel free to send me files off list for testing.

Cheers,
Peter