[Scribus] [Patch] MacOSX native

Martin Costabel costabel
Mon Mar 7 13:03:09 CET 2005

Andreas Vox wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I thought I share my patch and the .app skeleton with you :-)
>
> It's only the sources, no adaption of the build process yet.
> If you want to try it:
>
> * apply patch against 1.3cvs
> * apply MacOSX patches for plugin linking and freetype
> * configure --enable-mac
> * make
> * sudo make install
> * copy scribus executable to Scribus.app/Contents/MacOSX
> * open Scribus.app
>
> I don't get very far since Scribus complains about missing fonts
> (I don't have fontconfig yet)
>
> Just ask if you run into problems.

This thing is actually working! (Well, almost :-) )
I had to apply quite a few more tweaks to get it to compile. It crashes
a lot and has a few bugs, but here is a screenshot:
http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/martin.costabel/scribus/Scribus-aqua.jpg

The screenshot shows that the colors are as wrong as with the X11
version and also that the preferences window has no handles and cannot
be closed, so the whole thing has to be killed by a force-quit.

I won't have any more time today to play with it, but this certainly
looks promising.

--
Martin

--