[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Mon Mar 7 06:50:34 CET 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Monday 07 March 2005 00:08, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately, Scribus core dumps with a Segmentation Fault on start-up.
>>

>Typically the first guess is fonts. Scribus must be finding some fonts. Do you
>have the ghostscript fonts installed, in particular Hershey? Nuke it if so.
>Scribus uses X11 for font finding, and then your additional font paths, which
>you wont have any of if you nuke your ~/.scribus/* prefs files.

I don't have any .scribus/* files. The startup got far enough to create
the directory, but not to populate it with anything. I don't have any of
the ghostscript suite installed, and an xlsfonts -display malaclypse:0
didn't show any Hershey fonts (1604 fonts are there, many PostScript). I
can do a double-check tomorrow night to see if Solaris 10 includes any
other ghostscipt fonts without telling anyone, though.

Rainer