[Scribus] Automatic font size?

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sun Mar 6 23:39:07 CET 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:34:27 +0100, David Christian Berg
<david at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> Frankly: I always get pissed with Power Point doing this by default...
> it's just not the professional way of type setting or putting together
> presentations imho. You want to reuse font sizes in one document and not
> introduce new ones... but go ahead implement it.... if it's just an item
> in the right-click menu, I guess it'd be consistent with graphics.
> Still, I'd refrain from using it.

It depends on what you're laying out.  We do a weekly four-page "chat
paper" which contains jokes, riddles, recipes and whatever-else is
handy.  The paper is supposed to look like a taped-together collection
of odds and ends.  Accordingly we want different fonts, sizes and
styles for each article in this paper; the more variety the better, as
it were.

Being able to import a joke to a box and say "fit here" would be quite
convenient for this purpose.