[Scribus] Automatic font size?

David Christian Berg david
Sun Mar 6 20:34:27 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 10:50 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> Would it be possible to add a feature to automatically re-size fonts
> to match the available space in a text box?
>
> That way, one could create a box of the size required, input the text,
> then say "fit to box" and the font would automatically change size to
> fill the box.
>
> This would be awfully handy when setting up headlines and just
> generally making stuff fit into the space that you have available for
> it.

Frankly: I always get pissed with Power Point doing this by default...
it's just not the professional way of type setting or putting together
presentations imho. You want to reuse font sizes in one document and not
introduce new ones... but go ahead implement it.... if it's just an item
in the right-click menu, I guess it'd be consistent with graphics.
Still, I'd refrain from using it.

Just my 2 Cent.

David