[Scribus] MacOS native version

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Mar 6 15:20:40 CET 2005

Two small remarks:

Andreas Vox wrote:
[]
>> >          /usr/local/lib/libfreetype6.dylib (compatibility version
>> 6.2.0,
>> > current version 6.3.4)
>>
>> /usr/local/lib . Interesting. Did you compile a Mac-native version of
>> freetype yourself, or use an installer package or something?
>

> I installed the fink one but obviously configure found the one from X11.

Actually, it found yet another one. The freetype from current Apple X11
is version 2.1.0 which is too old to work for scribus. Fink has versions
2.1.4 and 2.1.9, but they show other compatibility versions than what
you are showing.

>> >          /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current
>> > version 2.5.0)
>>
>> Glad to see we can rely on MacOS/X for CUPS libraries.

But headers like <cups/cups.h> are not supplied by Apple. You need a
small package cups-dev from Fink (or wait 4 months for MacOSX 10.4).
[]
> * decide if we want to work with 1.2.1 or 1.3cvs

It is probably natural for scribus developers to eye 1.3x here, and I
would agree if this means that 1.3x will be cleaned up for the Mac.
Right now, I haven't yet got it working correctly.

- There is a bug in the prefs plugin that prevents the preferences
dialog from coming up, but it is not the same bug as the one in 1.2.1,
and I haven't yet identified it. There is another bug in the svgex
plugin, but this is less important than the preferences.

-  The colors are all wrong, again. I don't know which version of David
Purton's patch went into the cvs sources, but the result looks like with
the first version of his patch which was not correct for bigendian machines.

--
Martin