[Scribus] MacOS native version

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Mar 6 09:27:49 CET 2005

> OK, the next steps would be:
>
> * decide if we want to work with 1.2.1 or 1.3cvs

I'd suggest 1.3 as we arent adding any new features to 1.2.1. 1.2.x works
already on Mac. Ok its not so simple or pretty

> * fix the makefile for MacOSX (include the fink changes)
> * the fontpath issue

1.3 supports fontconfig.. I'm assuming fontconfig is ok via Fink. We will
strip the X dependency from 1.3 and rely on fontconfig soon enough.

We have a cairo build now, have had for ages, but its not fast enough to
switch yet. Your QImage idea might work on X11 just as quickly as libart
though..

Craig