[Scribus] Mac OS port

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Mar 6 09:32:34 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 01:03 +0100, steve wrote:

> If you want photoshop and acrobat then use windows dual boot
> on the same PC that you use to run Scribus under Linux. The
> windows versions cost less and run faster anyway.

I think dual-boot is kind-of bearable if you have to switch a couple of
times a day. Even then it gets pretty annoying. Having to switch every
time you needed Photoshop or Acrobat would just be a nightmare IMO and a
recipe for getting massively less done.

> Just trying to help.  We left crashintosh 18 months ago :-)

I'm still trying to at work (MacOS 9 ... *bleargh*). I'm yet to decide
on a platform for when we do upgrade. I should note that at least here,
the prices and (where I've tested it) performance of the various Adobe
software I work with appear to be roughly the same on Apple systems and
Windows boxes.

If only Apple had put gigabit NICs into those little mini macs...

--
Craig Ringer