[Scribus] Mac OS port

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat Mar 5 20:25:06 CET 2005

Hi,

I don't have much to say on the programming part of a Mac OS port.
Unfortunately, I will be of no help for that part of the job. :)

However I feel I have to say how much I find this idea exciting. As a
long time Mac/Quark user, I know many people in this "community" will
be reluctant, as Kevin Walzer points it, to install Fink and use X11
- although it is not that hard. A standalone app would be much
appreciated. Especially if the install process is a straightforward
Mac thing. There are *lots* of people out there that I am sure will
be absolutely astonished by Scribus running on Macintosh. Many of
these people don't know a thing about Windows, and Linux is not on
the same orbit as theirs either.

I acknowledge there are pricing issues with Macs... but when you
already own one, there is nothing left better than use it! Imagine
the effect in DTP classes, all Mac equipped...

Porting Scribus to OS X will give lots of professional *no* excuses
for not taking a very close look at Scribus. Once they do, they'll
understand something is really going on!

Is this really possible!? It would be great!

Louis