[Scribus] Mac OS port

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Mar 5 22:51:27 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 18:05 +0100, steve wrote:

> Just a thought but macs are very expensive for what they do.
> For $600 you can get a fast Linux workstation with a decent
> graphics card running native up to date Scribus and save a
> lot of time until you have your port. It could save your
> company time and money just now. If you get fed up with it,
> use it as a fileserver, firewall or windows games
> machine :-)

While this may be true if all you need is Scribus, for many that's just
not enough. Photoshop, for example, may be required - or Adobe Acrobat
Pro. Anyway, once you've paid for software that expensive, the hardware
(alas!) almost pales in comparison.

I'm no mac fan, just a realist... Linux and just Linux may not do the
job for everybody. Thankfully, it does for me with my needs :-)

(on a somewhat OT note, anybody know of some MacOS/X de-eyecandy-ifiers?
There's far too much I just can't turn off and it slows me down a lot
when working on it.)

--
Craig Ringer