[Scribus] Importing Coreldraw9 created eps files not too successful ..

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Fri Mar 4 18:37:03 CET 2005

Hi everyone

This is my first post to your list so treat me gently ...

I have been following Scribus for a while, indeed I used 0.7 a while
back for some small posters.

I am looking to use Scribus via an nx server to several users at my
company. So far so good. But we have a mish mash of document formats to
import into Scribus.

The hardest ones may be my Coreldraw 9 files. I have created eps files
from CorelDraw and imported them into Scribus with varying degrees of
success. There are many different switches possible in Coreldraw for eps
creation, I really do not know which ones are important for most
successful importation into Scribus.

I am using Ubuntu 4.1, Scribus 1.2.1CVS Oct 2004, and  Ghostscript AFPL
8.14 and littlecms 1.12

The best results I get show text, but never any bitmap images. The rest
of the layout, ie lines etc are fine, but whenever I get text imported,
the text is always created as a series of shapes not as editable text.
Coreldraw's eps export has an option to export as text or as curves but
this seems to make no difference.

I really want to make this work, but at the least need editable text
before this will be a semi- satisfactory system. Scribus itself is fine
for me, but I really need some means to import these Coreldraw files !!

Any help or advise welcomed ;-)

--
Best Regards,
Julian Robbins