[Scribus] feature request

Luciano Cardoso - ComCient comcient
Fri Mar 4 16:32:21 CET 2005

have you tried to do impositions with pdf files?
I have been using Multivalent
(http://multivalent.sourceforge.net/Tools/pdf/Impose.html)
to combine four A4 pages in one A3 with facing pages.

Please check these samples :
http://www.comcient.com.br/Jornal_ComCient_0503_N01.pdf
http://www.comcient.com.br/Jornal_ComCient_0503_N01-up.pdf

The comand line to create the file was:
java tool.pdf.Impose -verbose -nup 2 -paper A3 -dim 1x2 -layout
'4r,1r,2r,3r' Jornal_ComCient_0503_N01.pdf

Luciano

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:45:48 +0100, Sebastian Roeder
<sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> My problem with pdf/eps import and print preview is gone since I
> reemerge scribus - don`t now what was wrong, maybe it`s because qt
> version shanged and scribus wasn`t build against the new one?
>
> I had a short look on scribis 1.3cvs, too and it looks very promissing.
> I layout an school magazin in landscape format and wonder whether one
> could display an upper and lower page "as one" (with the new facing
> pages capabilities). In my situation it`s not worth much to have a left
> and right page combined to a double width landscape, instead I need them
> to be combined as A3 portrait.
>
> I hope you get an idea of what I want to say, I feel like I didn`t find
> the right words to explain it. That`s why I didn`t fill a feature
> request yet.
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian
>
> P.S.: Do you have a time frame for the 1.3.0 release? I know devels
> don`t like to talk about this, but many things on the roadmap are
> already marked as DONE, though.

Luciano Cardoso
ComCient - Computa??o Cient?fica
http://www.ComCient.com.br