[Scribus] Free fonts, their behavior and Scribus

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Mar 4 09:06:57 CET 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 08:56, marvindickens at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Today, I was looking around the wiki for Scribus and noticed
> the message from Peter Linnell regarding the quality and
> correctness of free fonts and their usage in Scribus. After
> reading it, I wondered:
>
> Is there a list of free fonts that are known to behave well on screen
> and in print? If not, it seems to me that there should be and that it would
> make sense to have the list on the Scribus wiki.
>
> Of course, most people know about the bitstream and the MS core fonts and
> such. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a list of decent free
> fonts other than the obvious ones...

Sounds like a perfectly good time to start a page on the wiki..

It would be worth producing a font table showing:
- Known good for professional printing (top quality font, prefer these)
- Known good for printing (eg. breaks a RIP but prints ok on a bubblejet)
- Known good for web/presentations (actually loads and renders in Scribus and
its PDFs ok.. but its a nasty font for printing/RIPing)
- Known bad (send to /dev/null)

Craig