[Scribus] Free fonts, their behavior and Scribus

marvindickens at bellsouth.net marvindickens
Fri Mar 4 08:56:52 CET 2005

Today, I was looking around the wiki for Scribus and noticed
the message from Peter Linnell regarding the quality and
correctness of free fonts and their usage in Scribus. After
reading it, I wondered:

Is there a list of free fonts that are known to behave well on screen
and in print? If not, it seems to me that there should be and that it would
make sense to have the list on the Scribus wiki.

Of course, most people know about the bitstream and the MS core fonts and
such. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a list of decent free
fonts other than the obvious ones...

Best regards

Marvin Dickens