[Scribus] best OS to keep up with scribus, gscript and inskcape dev...

Bruno Carvalho Castro Souza brunocpt
Thu Mar 3 05:35:52 CET 2005

Em Qua, 2005-03-02 ?s 22:26 -0500, Aakin N. Patel escreveu:

> : > : I really dislike the way Debian package Qt, though I'm sure they have
> : > : their reasons.
> : >
> : > Yah. I've wondered about their pacakge management system myself. It
> : > seems like they break it apart way too far, but since I'm not really
> : > volunteering to correct it, I suppose I can't really say much.
> :
> : I usually really like the way Debian handle packaging - especially the
> : way they package perl and Python modules so conveniently. It's really
> : just Qt ...
>
> I guess I just haven't really figured out the logic behind it.
>
> Sometimes they leave stuff as a massive bundle, sometimes they break it
> all down to the itty bitty lib level. I probably just need to take a
> look at it at some point, and it'll make more sense.
>
> No luck on the compiling on the debian box, by the way. I'll poke at it
> at some other point, I guess... the 1.2 binary package works well
> enough.

Those are the packages I installed on my Debian testing - some of them
maybe a bit too much for compiling just Scribus, so you may want to take
something out:

apt-get -yu install mtools autoconf automake1.9 autobook make
gnu-standards libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev libx11-dev qt3-apps-dev
libcupsys2-dev libxml2-dev libgd2 libtiff4-dev python2.4 python2.4-dev
python2.3-dev libart-2.0-dev libart-dev python2.3-imaging gs-afpl
gs-cjk-resource libidl-dev libgtk2.0-dev dpkg-dev

Anyway, this way, it works for me with cvs 1.3.x.

Good luck!

Bruno Carvalho C. Souza
E-mail: brunocpt at uol.com.br
http://www.criativ.pro.br/