[Scribus] best OS to keep up with scribus, gscript and inskcape dev...

Aakin N. Patel aakin
Wed Mar 2 17:59:04 CET 2005

: : > Hrm. I can get it to compile on my sorcerer box, but the debian testing
: : > one has issues. Specifically, I can't get the right set of qtlibs. The
: : > configure program always complains that it can't find a qt version
: : > higher than 3.3 no matter what I have installed.
: :
: : The list shown in the 1.3 readme (updated yesterday) under Debian should
: : do the trick. If it does not, please let me know.
:
: Oh... okay. I'll go doublecheck against that. Thanks!

Hrm... all that I see in the readme is a set of instructions to install
ps fonts. I may not be looking at the right one... this is the README
file from the cvs tarball that I downloaded off the webpage this
morning, from the nightly build section.

The actual error I am getting is as follows:

checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for char *... yes
checking size of char *... 4
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for shl_unload in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for size_t... yes
checking size of size_t... 4
checking for unsigned long... yes
checking size of unsigned long... 4
checking sizeof size_t == sizeof unsigned long... yes
checking crt_externs.h usability... no
checking crt_externs.h presence... no
checking for crt_externs.h... no
checking for _NSGetEnviron... no
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... -lz
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

(this was while running ./configure)

I get the following when examining my packages:

aakin at moneo ~/scribus-1.2.2cvs $ dpkg -l |fgrep qt
ii  libqt3-headers 3.3.3-8        Qt3 header files
ii  libqt3-mt-dev  3.3.3-8        Qt development files (Threaded)
ii  libqt3c102     3.3.3-8        Qt GUI Library, Version 3
ii  libqt3c102-mt  3.3.3-8        Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime
version), V
ii  libqthreads-12 1.6.7-1        QuickThreads library for Guile
ii  python-qt3     3.13-4         Qt3 bindings for Python (default
version)
ii  python2.3-qt3  3.13-4         Qt3 bindings for Python 2.3
ii  qt3-apps-dev   3.3.3-8        Qt3 Developer applications development
files
ii  qt3-dev-tools  3.3.3-8        Qt3 development tools
ii  qtorrent       0.9.6.1-2      BitTorrent client for QT 3.x
ii  qtparted       0.4.4-3        A parted frontend using QT

And when I try to install libqt3-mt:

aakin at moneo ~/scribus-1.2.2cvs $ su
Password:
moneo:/home/aakin/scribus-1.2.2cvs# apt-get install libqt3-mt
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libqt3-mt is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libqt3c102-mt libqt3c102
E: Package libqt3-mt has no installation candidate
moneo:/home/aakin/scribus-1.2.2cvs#

I'm not sure what to do next.

					- Aakin