[Scribus] Text wrapping problem - hyphenation?

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Tue Mar 1 13:05:52 CET 2005

>There are strange things happening very rarely with text wrapping on
>my system.
>
>Sometimes the first letter of the first word in the next line stays
>on the very right position in the line before. Looks rather strange.
>It can be seen on the screen and in printing. I'm providing two
>screenshots at
>
>www.eilert-sprachen.de/temp/test3.png and
>www.eilert-sprachen.de/temp/test4.png

Sorry I can't get access to these files. ;)

Please see bug #1731 and confirm it's the same issue.

I've reported this as "major" bug imo as there is no real elegant
workaround in a precise layout. Of course, you can always change
font, typesize column width (both by a tiny bit)... But you never
know when/where a line is going to end up having two overlapping
letters.

.... the road is long... but it's a fascinating voyage .... ! :)

Louis