Debian package of 1.3cvs, was Re: [Scribus] pixelated images in pdf

Michael Below mbelow
Thu Jun 30 21:08:15 CEST 2005

Eric P <eric.maillist at gmail.com> writes:

> It looks like it wants libgcc1 (>= 1:4.0.0-7).
>
> Ulp... now I need to do something hairy like upgrade the distro to
> 'unstable', correct?    I'm currently running Sarge (stable).

I would recommend "apt pinning" for this. That is, add testing to your
sources.list, but tell apt to prefer stable as far as possible.

For the apt pinning, add a file to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d , call it
something like 50defaultrelease . In the file you need one line saying

       APT::Default-Release "stable";

Then add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list

       deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Of course, you can use any other mirror as well.

Now, if you specifically request a package that needs something from
testing, it will be installed. Otherwise you will keep tracking
stable.

Ciao
  Michael