[Scribus] Animated Gif Images in Scribus - Possible?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng
Wed Jun 29 11:47:40 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 11:04 +0200, PLinnell wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 04:20, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 22:39 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > > I'm wondering if there's any way to embed animated GIF images
> > > into scribus such that the resulting PDF will also be animated.
> > > I've seen 1 or 2 PDFs which has this feature and I'm trying to
> > > determine if It can be done in scribus.
> > >
> > > If yes, How? Thanks.
> >
> > Does anyone have any info on this?? Is it possible?
>
> I do not believe PDF supports animated gif. It is possible to script
> other multimedia functions however with Javascript and they only work
> on Windows or Mac, depending on installed apps.

This is definately not the case because I've seen it in action. it was
one of the gentoo developer's PDF file on the Gentoo Installer.

It flashes through a a cycle of "click next to proceed". That's why I
was surprised

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!