[Scribus] Registration marks

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Jun 25 20:10:18 CEST 2005

Hi Louis,

> Just a question, because I never tried it

I didn't either.

> aren't the Scribus scripts
> able to handle this kind of "entry level" imposition? I was under the
> impression that yes.

 From what I've read so far, they are able to. One of the problems is
that you may need a bunch of external tools such as pstoedit and pstops
for postscript output, Multivalent tools for PDFs, which in turn
requires Java and so on.

> So maybe the script could be made more user
> friendly? At that point, could it be only a matter of interface, not
> capabilities?

Definitely! Something like "pstops -pa4 4:1L at 0.7(1w,0)+2L at 0.7(1w,0.5h)"
is nothing to make friends among designers ;-)

But as Craig Bradney pointed out in his reply, there are wonderful
things to come with 1.3/1.4 :-)

Christoph