[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration

Ralf-Diether Ebel ATN-GmbH ebel
Wed Jun 22 09:05:15 CEST 2005

On 22 Jun 2005 at 0:32, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> * Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> [2005-06-22 03:46:35 +0200]:
> > Gorgeous! Thank You! That's real life! But again, submitting text to a
> > database and to let the DTP people simply update the files and therefore
> > the _frames_ before producing the plates could make the whole process a
> > lot easier.
> Would you make a definite statement that you are considering the text frames
> to be an adequate level of abstraction? Would there be a need to become more
> granular and go to text blocks within the text frames? As we transition to
> character styles, every contiguous block of text that belongs to the same
> character style becomes a separate entity that can be referenced and
> substituted in its entirety. I would really like to arrive at a consensus
> about the "editable text block" granularity if possible.
If you have use a  textframe as entity wouldn't that make a problem in the case
of connected frames if the amount of text in the editable frame increases? What
to to with the overflowing text? For me your approach with a paragraph as
"editable text block" seems more logical. But this is just a thought of me.

Regards
Ralf-Diether Ebel