[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys share scribus files for collaboration?

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Wed Jun 22 08:42:40 CEST 2005

* Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> [2005-06-22 14:24:15 +0800]:

> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 08:04 +0200, Peter Nermander wrote:
>
> > These thoughts are very much like what I have, BUT working with
> > technical texts is not possible with plain text (where are my micro,
> > ohm, degree etc symbols in plain ascii??). In that case I would need
> > unicode text, and unfortunately I don't think authors would handle
> > that.
>
> Really? Unicode is very well supported these days, and should be the
> default of the majority of text editors. Additionally, I see few issues
> with importing OO.o files personally - a template could be supplied with
> all the styles they're allowed to use precreated.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

I would like to second Craig's position on Unicode vs markup. I've run into an
issue with a multitude of special hyphens and spaces defined in the Unicode
standard already while working on the new file format. I will defend to the
last breath the current consensus position that it is more efficient to use
Unicode instead of inventing elements for all the special formatting cases or
reusing those from other markup systems. OOWriter importer is the tool for the
job here.

Alex