[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys share scribus files for collaboration?

Peter Nermander m8130
Wed Jun 22 08:04:11 CEST 2005

> Plain text is the smallest common denominator, and with a working text
> importer for paragraph _and_ character styles, its use still makes sense
> if you need to handle input from many sources with different degrees of
> experience and different software installations.

These thoughts are very much like what I have, BUT working with technical texts
is not possible with plain text (where are my micro, ohm, degree etc symbols in
plain ascii??). In that case I would need unicode text, and unfortunately I
don't think authors would handle that.

My idea is to use HTML, but limited to a chosen number of tags. That way you
could use HTML entities for special symbols. Although I haven't tried it out
yet:-)

/Peter