[Scribus] (no subject)

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jun 22 00:21:35 CEST 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Tuesday 21 June 2005 14:24, Vijay Kiran Duvvuri wrote:
>

>>Hi All,
>>

>>I've been an active listener on the mailing list for a while. I want to
>>start contributing to the project.
>>

>>I am working at Quark in Enterprise Product development division.
>>
>>I've 3 yrs exp in Java/J2EE & C++.
>>
>>Please let me know how do I get started :-)
>>

>Thank you for your kind offer of help. From your site it does indeed look like
>you are actually a Quark coder. At this point in time, I'm not sure if the
>risks of "source contamination", shall we say, and license related issues are
>something that can easily be demonstrated to be overcome. I do not wish to
>discourage, but there is a lot at stake in such an offer from a commercial
>DTP employee.

In *theory*,  at the very least, Quark would have to know about it and
Ok the concept.  The problem from the Scribus point-of-view is that this
is hardly a guarantee that this would not have repercussions later, and
it's quite an asymmetric arrangement. Scribus by nature is open for all
to see, Quark is not, so the Scribus team sticks it's neck out relying
on someone else's assessment as to whether there are problems or not,
not just with code, but even conceptual ideas about features.

Greg
(commenting from the sidelines)