[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys share scribu files for collaboration?]

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 21 06:50:12 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 22:21 -0500, Steve Herrick wrote:
> On 6/20/05, Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On the DTP side, it would be extremely useful if scribus could provide a
> > database interface for text frames. If a text frame could be linked to a
> > database entry, many restraints on productivity would be removed in a
> > single step, especially if the whole process could be done via scripting.
>
> If this were done, it might make sense to really push the distribution
> model and make Scribus Internet-aware.  Writers could submit (and
> edit) their pieces via a secure website as easily as webmail or a CMS
> site.

This has been discussed in depth already. It's a very intersting idea -
especially if you include preflight rules in the submission server.
Again, it's mostly just a matter of getting the people who have the time
and skills (or are willing to gain/make them) to *do* it.

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1925
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2109
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1791
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1924