[Scribus] How do you guys share scribu files for collaboration?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng
Tue Jun 21 06:05:48 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 13:48 +1000, Owen wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:11:09 +0800
> Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com> wrote:
>

> > 	I'm wondering if anyone here uses scribus as a means to publish a
> > magazine, MyOSS Mag (http://mag.my-opensource.org) uses it for their
> > Online free mag.
> >
> > Right now, as we're getting more people to contribute, one obstacle I
> > see is how to share the scribus src file to all the contributors/team so
> > that all of us can so the job of editing/proof reading etc without
> > needing to step on each others' toes.
>

> Hi,
>
> When I read your question, it occured to me that it was probably insolvable.

:-) Perhaps that's true.. (for now at least or as the Governator would
like to say.. I'll be Back!)

> However after reading your fine publication, and other replies to
> this thread,I note that you  only have a couple of people involved.

Yep.. Just a bunch of misfits who wants to spread the word and give back
to the Community.

> With such a small number, RCS seems a practicable option.
> The few willing workers could be organized to do their
> proofing etc on rotation?

I tried SVN, didn't work. The Diffs were too messy even with a little
change.

Right now, I will send out the finished copy in PDF and ask the team to
proof read it and give me the areas which needs changing. (but also in
PDF is a problem cos there's no simple way for them to describe the
location for the change.. eg: Pg 2, para 4, left side, change XXX to
YYY).

In the end, all the work comes back to me like a boomberang. :-)

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!