[Scribus] Importing EPSF files in Scribus by pstoedit!

Suki Venkat, [TnQ] skvenkat
Fri Jun 10 13:21:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks Craig Ringer for the reply. If I try import EPS/PS then I
sometimes get "Scribus crashes due to Signal #11" message box (I am
using Scribus 1.3.0cvs on Fedora Core 3 Intel PC). I still bravely did
that but the result was no better. I opened the EPSF file in my emacs
and looked inside to find that the fonts are mentioned but my knowledge
of postscript was not sufficient to see how they have done it. I have
attached the EPSF file for your perusal. They have mentioned that it is
Times-Italic (I used \usepackage{times} in my teTeX) but on screen in
Scribus (and in PDF) the EPSF file looks as if the Times-font has got
quite a beating!

Thanks are also due to Craig Bradney for the source code (the link to
the source-code at www.pstoedit.net is now working!), now my "pstoedit"
is working (after doing ./configure, make, make install), but then I
have to look now for Sketch, I suppose...

Suki