[Scribus] Python scripting: request for a printed introduction/feature

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jun 8 15:56:11 CEST 2005

Marvin Dickens wrote:

>The book by orielly is the best. I would imagine there is a german version.
>Check at:
>
>http://www.oreilly.de

The book, "Programming Python" is kind of an essential resource.  It
looks like, as you say, this is not currently available in German.
Probably worth looking at is "Python, kurz & gut"; this may be enough to
get you started -- what languages (programming) do you know already?

I also have "Python Cookbook", but found this to be a waste of money --
it's not very good, and also everything in it can be found online for free.

Don't totally discount online Python info.  I found it very useful for
helping me with various Tkinter issues, although unfortunately there is
no single site that had everything I needed.

Greg