Aqua-Version (was: [Scribus] New porting target)

Andreas Vox vox
Tue Jun 7 16:32:38 CEST 2005

juh wrote:

> When I first started the new Scribus it crashed when I want to get an
> image. Then I adjusted the path of the ICC-profiles and it crashed
> while creating a news DIN A4 document. When I want to reproduce this,
> it started, found all ICC-profiles and seems to work now. I deleted
> also an old .scribus-directory.

Hm, I'd like to know what caused these crashes. The aqua snapshot has
special code to look only at ICC profiles which have the correct magic
number, so it shouldn't crash there.
Do you have any Qt installed on your Mac? Fink?

Also, when you get a crash, please click "Send bug report" and
copy/paste the detailed backtrace information there (don't send it to
Apple though, send it to bugs.scribus.net).

> In Konsole I see that it finds all the ICC-profiles, but when I
> export to pdf PDF/X3 is shaded.
>
> Are there any tricks to activate it?

Yes, on the General tab select as compatibility level "PDF/X-3" first
:-)

/Andreas